Aimed at both personal injury and clinical negligence practitioners, this course will offer a practical discussion of the issues which arise when bringing or defending claims for care and assistance.
This course aims to provide an overview of the types of care which can form part of a claim and the way in which such a claim is valued. In addition, this course will also cover the difficulties which can arise when valuing a care claim and how to guard against these.
Essential for civil practitioners seeking to refresh their knowledge on this head of damages, this course will ensure that practitioners are aware of the relevant case law surrounding care and assistance claims.
What are the requirements?
- Watch 20 minute recorded webinar, including reference notes, discussion questions and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD point (depending on length of time spent considering the discussion questions and completing the evaluation form)
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Appreciate the different types of claim which be brought under the care and assistance umbrella, and those which cannot.
- • Understand the areas of difficulty which can arise in bringing a claim for care and assistance, and consequently be able to recognise / identify areas of strength and weakness in a potential claim.
- • Feel confident when valuing a claim, be it as a Claimant presenting the claim or as a Defendant responding to it.
- • Be aware of the relevant case law governing such claims.
What is the target audience?