Guidance on how to avoid the traps which SDLT poses for conveyancers
The role of a conveyancer sometimes overlaps with the need to advise a client on taxation issues or refer the client to a tax specialist. Therefore, a key challenge for a property lawyer who is not a tax specialist is to ensure that important taxation implications of a property transaction are not overlooked.
This course, delivered by experienced property practitioner and lecturer Stephen Desmond, will provide viewers with an overview of the key aspects of property-related taxation that you may come across in daily practice and will offer guidance on what to do in circumstances that are outside of your area of expertise.
During this session, the following will covered:
• Liability for Giving Tax Advice
• Non-Statutory Clearance Service
• Applications for refund of SDLT
• Paras 34-34B, Sch 10 FA 2003
• Multiple Dwellings Relief: Basic Points
• Six or More Multiple Dwellings
• SDLT Surcharge for ‘Second Homes’
• SDLT Surcharge: Individual Ps
• Does Building Comprise More Than One Dwelling?
Do you want to continue your session?