In this course learn about how you can protect yourself in high risk conveyancing transactions.
Conveyancing transactions involving high-risk clients present additional challenges for the property lawyer. During this course, experienced lecturer Stephen Desmond will focus on two key challenges facing property practitioners; How to identify when a client is more likely to pose a risk to you and what steps should you take in order to reduce these risks?
In addition, this course will also consider the following topics:
• The rise of vendor property fraud and consequent changes to the Conveyancing Protocol (2019)
• SDLT: Disposition where client wants to claim relief from the 15% rate for purchases of high-value residential properties
• Powers of attorney: When you do not meet the donor face-to-face - Is the power satisfactory?
• Vulnerable clients who might be acting under the undue influence of another person
• Purchases where there are no express rights of access to the property
• Right to Buy purchases: need for declaration of trust?
Do you want to continue your session?