Anti-Money Laundering Checks For Solicitors
The Money Laundering Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 transpose the Fourth EU Money Laundering Directive into UK Law.
Despite the new money laundering regulations involving anti-money laundering checks for solicitors, having commenced on 26 June 2017, the legal sector is still struggling to get to grips with the changes including the introduction of criminal money laundering offences and penalties.
If you and/ or your firm are asking the following questions, then this course is for you:
• What has changed since The Money Laundering Regulations 2007?
• What do I and/ or firm have to do differently under The Money Laundering Regulations 2017?
• Do I need to change my policies and if so what do I need to include?
• Do I need to do a substantive risk assessment and what should I include?
• How do I implement these policies?
• Is Diligence the same? What are the factors I must consider?
During this bite size session, Rachel Coyle of The 36 Group, will provide viewers with an AML overview and will offer guidance on what has changed and how to amend your AML policies accordingly.
Consideration will also be given to what law firms must do under The Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and what you ought to do to ensure full compliance with these new regulations.
Do you want to continue your session?