A comprehensive guide to the very second stage of the Employers’ Liability and Public Liability (ELPL) Portal. This 1-hour session will cover topics and case law regarding ELPL Portal, for example:
- Medical Evidence
- Witness Evidence
- Interim - Options
- Putting together the Settlement Pack
- SCT Case?
- Raising new matters in Stage 3
The Learning Objectives of this course are as follows:
- Be aware of the portal provisions relating to the obtaining of medical evidence within the portal and the implications of failing to comply
- Be aware of the possible implications for the Claimant of offers of rehabilitation from the insurers
- Be aware of the key considerations when considering obtaining witness evidence within the portal.
- Be aware of the options for obtaining interim payments within the Portal.
- Be aware of the Exit opportunities within Stage 2 of the Portal
- Be aware of the time period for negotiations within Stage 2 of the Portal
- Be aware of the settlement and non-settlement options within Stage 2 of the Portal
- Be aware of the transition from Stage 2 of the process to Stage 3
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinars and review the documents.
- This course provides 1 CPD points
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Be able to adopt the appropriate best practice for obtaining medical evidence within the portal
- • Be able to advise the Claimant of the implications of any rehabilitation offers made by the insurers and its effect on mitigation arguments
- • Be able to advise on the need for witness statements within the portal
- • Be able to advise the Claimant on the options and implications of making a claim for an interim payment within the Portal.
- • Be able to take the necessary actions to take advantage of the exit opportunities within Stage 2 of the Portal
- • Be able to use the negotiation time effectively within Stage 2 of the Portal
- • Be able to conduct negotiations effectively in Stage 2 of the process
- • Be able to take effective steps to move from Stage 2 to Stage 3 of the Portal.
What is the target audience?
- Personal Injury Practitioners