Practical guidance on how to apply for UK naturalisation
Delivered by experienced immigration practitioner and lecturer Brendan Beder, this practical 1-hour session which will provide viewers with advice on how to tackle the naturalisation application.
Brendan will also detail the situations where practitioners may be able to persuade the decision maker to use their discretion in favour of their client’s application, making it ideal for both experienced practitioners who would like a refresher and those who are new to this important area of immigration practice.
Brendan will discuss the qualifying requirements in respect of Section 6(1) and 6(2) of the British Nationality Act 1981 and will explore each of the following topics as it applies to naturalisation:
• Absences from the United Kingdom
• European Economic Area Nationals and the concepts of Permanent Residence, Settled Status and Indefinite Leave to Remain
• The Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK exam and the practical requirements
• Good Character
• Examples of breaches and resulting consequences
• Enrolling Biometric Details
• Naturalisation Ceremonies
Do you want to continue your session?