This 1-hour Webinar will be of huge relevance to anyone involved at all in the Billing of criminal legal aid work. In addition to the 1-hour recording there will be further material by way of 20 slides. This Webinar will bring you up to date with those things you need to know in order to bill Crown court work successfully in 2021.
What are the requirements?
- This course provides 1 CPD points
- Watch the recorded webinar to improve or refresh your legal knowledge
- The Webinar will cover the following 12 relevant Billing points:
- • The changes to criminal legal aid brought about on the 17th September 2020
- • The changes to criminal legal aid brought about on the 19th October 2020
- • The amendments to legal aid for Representation Orders granted on or after the 19th February 2021 as a result of Statutory Instrument 2021 No.80
- • The regime for the Billing of Advocates work – Categories of Offences and Banding's within the Category
- • The regime for the Billing of Litigators work – Classification of Offences
- • 'Guilty Pleas', 'Cracked Trials' and 'Trials'
- • The very latest Crown Court Fee Guidance Document (October 2020)
- • The costs decision in the case of Sallah and other important case-law determining whether or not a trial has commenced
- • Fixed fees for Litigators for cases that arrive at the Crown Court by way of a committal for sentence
- • Fixed fees for Litigators for cases that arrive at the Crown Court by way of an appeal against conviction/sentence or both
- • Pages of prosecution evidence (PPE) or Special Preparation by way of hourly rates?
- • Be careful with the private paying client in Crown Court proceedings
- What you will learn:
What is the target audience?
- Those who are involved at all in the Billing of criminal legal aid work