Since June 2015 third parties have had a statutory right to be heard on the making of a confiscation order under s6 POCA 2002. This bite-size course offers a practical examination of what is expected of all parties in such proceedings, their rights and duties.
- The statutory framework
- Which Criminal Procedure Rules apply?
- When can a third party be heard in court?
- Funding for third parties
- Risks of private payers
- Ethical issues
- What is required of the defendant / prosecutor / third party?
- Risks of non-compliance
- Evidencing a third party claim
- Useful case law
What are the requirements?
- Watch 20 minute recorded webinar, including reference notes, discussion questions and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD point (depending on length of time spent considering the discussion questions and completing the evaluation form)
What is the target audience?
- This course will be of interest to anyone involved in criminal law or criminal advocacy that advise or represent third parties or prosecuting in POCA proceedings.