With the Offensive Weapons Act 2019 now on the statute books, it is only a matter of time before it comes into force. Criminal practitioners will have to quickly get to grips with new concepts such as Knife crime prevention orders, amended definitions of offensive weapons and offences of threatening with offensive weapons.
Along with recent amendments to sentencing, which introduced mandatory minimum sentencing for “2-strikes” possession, it’s never been a better opportunity to update your knowledge in this important area.
As well as new offences, sentences and ancillary orders, this course will look at recent case law on what constitutes possession.
What are the requirements?
- This course provides 1 CPD points
- Watch the recorded webinar to improve or refresh your legal knowledge
- On completion of this course you will also cover:
- • Threatening with a bladed article/offensive weapons
- • Possession of bladed article/offensive weapon on school premises or in prison
- • “Highly dangerous” weapons
- • Sentencing of youths for weapons offences
What is the target audience?
- This course is suitable any practitioner involved with criminal law