Delivered by barrister and lecturer Helen Swaffield of Contract Law Chambers, this 60-minute webinar will review the latest published position on costs reforms and the implications of these reforms on your practice.
Ideal for practice managers, litigators and costs lawyers, this session will consider the following:
• Fixed costs in Fast Track - What is included?
• Small claims – The threshold
• The impact of the Online Court
• Fixed Recoverable Costs for Intermediate Track cases up to £100,000
• 4 bands
• “Ring-fenced” fees
• Streamlined procedure - How does it work?
• PI and Clinical Negligence
• Timescales and consultation
• Capped Costs in low value High Court Cases (up to £250,000)
Helen was formerly a member of St Ives Chambers in Birmingham where she had a commercial chancery and insolvency practice. In August 2017 Helen established and now heads her own chambers: Contract Law Chambers & Advocates. Her expanding client base is serviced through offices in Chancery Lane, Bristol and Manchester.
In addition to being the former editor of the Procurement and Outsourcing Journal and the Commercial Litigation Journal published by Legalease, Helen is a well-renowned lecturer and trainer who develops bespoke training programmes for legal and business clients in the UK and internationally.
Do you want to continue your session?