Winning a trial does not depend solely on good advocacy. It also depends on knocking out your opponent’s evidence, whether by stopping it being admitted or undermining its weight.
Aimed at prosecution and defence practitioners; from paralegals instructing experts to advocates challenging them, this course looks at Part 19 Criminal Procedure Rules concerning expert evidence, and how to use it to neuter expert evidence.
This course considers the following:
- Where can I find Part 19 for free?
- The contents of Part 19
- What must a party seeking to use expert evidence do?
- And when?
- What if they do not? Remedies
- How to measure compliance
- Your skeleton argument
What are the requirements?
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD point (depending on length of time spent considering the discussion questions and completing the evaluation form)
- Watch 20 minute recorded webinar, including reference notes, discussion questions and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge
- On completion of this course you will know: How to spot non-compliant evidence What to do next How to use the case management or PTPH hearing to your best advantage When and how to challenge the admissibility of expert evidence for procedural reasons What to argue in court Ensuring your expert takes the blame if the report is non-compliant
What is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for advocates of all levels