What do you do if a person is unwilling to come to court to give evidence or won’t give you documents you think will assist your client at trial?
Aimed at paralegals preparing cases to advocates (prosecution and defence), this course tells you what to do to achieve what you want, including:
- How to summons a witness in the Magistrates’ Court-law and procedure;
- How to summons a witness in the Crown Court –law and procedure;
- How to obtain production of a document in the respective courts;
- Service of a summons –the rules;
- Who might resist such and application and how?
- PII- a very quick guide;
- Costs and expenses;
- Case management;
- What if summonsed party does not comply?
- What if you don’t like what the party has to say?
What are the requirements?
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD point (depending on length of time spent considering the discussion questions and completing the evaluation form)
- Watch 20 minute recorded webinar, including reference notes, discussion questions and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge
- On completion of this course you will know: When you are entitled to force attendance or disclosure of a document The risks involved with summonses What you won’t get under Part 17 Cr PR How to deal with non-compliance How to avoid case management problems The costs of summonsing a person
What is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for advocates of all levels