Witnesses can make or
break a case, so it is crucial that witness familiarisation training forms a
key part of your pre-trial preparation.
Ideal for criminal and
civil practitioners who feel that they would benefit from a more structured
approach when preparing a witness for trail, this practical 30-minute session will
provide viewers with guidance in respect of the following:
- How witness preparation
will differ depending on whether you are dealing with a civil or criminal
- Have covered everything on
the list of issues?
- Witness statements – Are yours
up to scratch?
- The Witness Conference - Are
your witnesses familiar with the evidence and court procedure?
- Oral Evidence - Preparing witnesses
- How to offer guidance
without coaching the witness and the importance of body language
- Witness running order - Chronology
or issue based?
- How to deal with difficult
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinar, review the slides and complete the short quiz to test your legal knowledge.
- This course provides 0.5 CPD points
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Have received useful hints and tips on how witness statements should be presented, how to reassure nervous witnesses and the tactics which can be employed to lessen the impact of potentially weak witnesses
- • Know how to manage witness expectations effectively
- • Understand why competent advocates avoid re-examination
- • Feel confident when preparing a witness for trial
What is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for civil and criminal practitioners of all levels