This course will offer an in-depth examination
of the different type of Lasting Power of Attorney;
during this bite size webinar lecturer Safda Mahmood will discuss how LPA are
set up, the type of powers associated with them and their use.
Viewers will receive guidance on
what clients should consider when choosing an attorney and the circumstances in
which it may be appropriate to have joint attorneys. The following areas will
also be discussed:
Enduring Power of Attorney
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinar and review the reference notes and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge.
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD points (depending on length of time spent reviewing the supporting documentation).
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Understand the difference between the two types of LPA; (i) personal welfare and (ii) property and affairs
- • Be familiar with the powers which can be given to attorneys and how this is determined
- • Have considered the differences between LPA and EPA and the circumstances in which they are appointed
- • Have a greater understanding of, and feel confident when, advising clients regarding this area of private client law
What is the target audience?
- Private client practitioners