Practical guidance regarding highway claims for personal injury practitioners
Ideal for those new to this area of personal injury and for experienced practitioners seeking a refresher, this webinar will explore recent developments in respect of highway claims and will offer practical guidance on how handle such cases.
Delivered by personal injury solicitor and lecturer Nicky Carter, this 40-minute session will consider the various definitions of a highway with reference to the Highways Act 1980 and other key legislation and will explore the following case law, key when defining highways:
• McGeown v Northern Ireland Housing Executive HL 23/6/94  1 A.C 233
• Gulliksen v Pembrokeshire CC  EWCA Civ 968
In addition, the following topics and relevant case law will also be explored:
• Highway Slipping and Tripping
o Kent County Council v Lawrence  EWHC 1590 (QB)
• Highway Statutory Duties-Scope and Application
o Thompson v Hampshire County Council (2004)
o Rollinson v Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council  EWHC 3330 (QB)
• S.41 duty-breaches?
• s.58 defence-latest issues re budget defence
• Ice and Snow
Do you want to continue your session?