Wasted Costs Orders – Part 4 Urgent Applications
Part 4 of 4, this final webinar in the series extends the discussion of immigration judicial review proceedings in Part 3. The focus is on key pitfalls to avoid when bringing urgent applications, informed by the developing case law of the Upper Tribunal, the Administrative Court plus recent Law Society guidance on best practice.
During this session, barrister Ben Amunwa will assist viewers:
· Gain awareness of the main pitfalls in urgent applications and how to avoid them
· Know the importance of providing accurate information on the urgent application form
· Identify the practical and professional
consequences of non-compliance and in particular, the risk of wasted costs
Be able to avoid the main risks when bringing (or considering bringing) an urgent application as part of judicial review proceedings
· Know the importance of correctly completing the forms for urgent applications and the consequences of failing to do so
· Be equipped to advise clients on your relevant duties to the Court and under the SRA Code should they instruct you to breach them
Do you want to continue your session?