Wasted Costs Orders - Judicial Reviews
Part 3 of 4, this webinar considers the particular risks of wasted costs orders associated with immigration judicial reviews and how to ensure you are upholding best practices.
During this session, barrister Ben Amunwa will assist viewers:
· Develop an understanding of which kinds of conduct in judicial review proceedings carry the highest risk of wasted costs orders
· Identify 3 key cases with principles relevant to wasted costs orders in judicial review proceedings, and 2 important cases from the UT’s appellate jurisdiction
· Understand how to avoid or minimise the risk of wasted costs orders in immigration judicial reviews
· Be able to swiftly locate relevant principles regarding wasted costs orders in judicial review proceedings
· Identify the types of scenario and procedural breaches likely to give rise to wasted costs orders and other adverse consequences
· Develop understanding of professional duties to the Court or Tribunal and how to react to some common scenarios in judicial review proceedings
Do you want to continue your session?