course provides a clear break-down of the steps involved when running forced
marriage protection cases. Consideration will be given to what force means,
whether an application is required for an order to be made and who can apply.
This is a practical
session and will discuss matters such as matters relating to leave
applications, documentation, emergency and on notice applications.
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinar and review the reference notes and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge.
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD points (depending on length of time spent reviewing the supporting documentation).
- On completion of this course you will:
- • Have received practical guidance on how to draft orders effectively
- • Be familiar with the role and purpose of the Forced Marriage Unit
- • Have considered relevant legislation including The Family Law Act 1996 (Forced Marriage) (Relevant third Party) Order 2009 No. 2023 and Anti- Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014
- • Have a greater understanding of, and feel confident when, advising clients regarding this area of family law
What is the target audience?