The 'Gig Economy' - Pimlico Plumbers v Smith
This is the second part in a series of webinars on the regulation of the gig economy and examines one of the latest leading cases from the Court of Appeal in the growing body of litigation in this area.
During this session, barrister Ben Amunwa from 36 Group will assist viewers:
· Appreciate the background, issues and conclusions in Pimlico Plumbers on the issue of whether self-employed plumbers were ‘limb (b) workers’ under the Employment Rights Act 1996
· Understand the key significance of Smith for businesses, Claimants and employment lawyers
· Familiarise themselves with the relevant facts of this key case
· Understand the key legislative provision in dispute and how senior Judges have approached its application to the facts;
· Consider the different types of substitution clauses in employment contracts and their practical effects on the nature of the relationship
Do you want to continue your session?