Designed to provide viewers with an overview of some important everyday dilemmas, this course is essential for anyone advising clients at the police station, in the office or at court.
Delivered in an easily digestible bite-size by experienced lecturer Colin Beaumont, this course will ensure that practitioners are aware of the important aspects of The Policing and Crime Act 2017 including:
• The current pre-charge bail position
• Issues relating to the extensions of pre-charge bail
• The costs aspect
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinar, review the supporting documentation and complete the short quiz to test your legal knowledge
- This course provides 0.5 CPD points
- On completion of the course you will:
- • Have a more practical understanding of the importance of Part 4 of The Policing and Crime Act 2017
- • Be aware of the circumstances in which you might be making representations concerning extensions
- • Know how the funding works
- • Have considered the best advice to give to the client at the police station
- • Appreciate the importance of RUI
- • Understand the increased penalties under the Act
- • Feel confident when asked questions in this area
What is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for criminal practitioners of all levels including probationary and accredited police station represenatives