Key considerations for those dealing with distance selling contracts
The supply of goods, digital content and services to consumers via ‘distance selling’ has been regulated for many years now but there is still a degree of confusion amongst traders and lawyers alike as to what they need to do in order to comply.
Delivered over two 30-minute sessions by freelance training consultant Keith Markham, this webinar will set out a summary of the key considerations and suggest a series of practical steps that should be taken.
Consideration will be given to the following topics:
• Definition of ‘distance selling’
• Applicability of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
• Information requirements under schedules 2 and 3
• Performance requirements re delivery of goods – time periods and the right to reimbursement
• Applicability of the rules on cancellation
• Cancellation periods – 14 days or more?
• Rights on cancellation – returns and refunds
• Future proposed developments under the EU New Deal for Consumers
Complete this short quiz to test your knowledge
Test your knowledge by completing this short quiz
Do you want to continue your session?