Special Guardianship and Adoption - Which one to use and when
This bite-size session is ideal for new children law practitioners seeking clarification regarding the similarities and differences between Special Guardianship and Adoption Orders; viewers will receive practical guidance regarding the circumstances in which it is appropriate to seek Special Guardianship or adoption.
The following key case law will also be explored:
• Re R (A Child) sub nom X City Council v (1) LR (By the Official Solicitor) (2) PNG (3) AK (4) KW (5) MRR (A Child) 2007 1 FLR 564
• Re S (A Child) 2007 EWCA Civ 54
• Re S (A Child) No. 2 2007 EWCA Civ 90
• Re L (A Child) 2007 EWCA Civ 196
• Re W (A Child) 2011 EWCA Civ 1362
• Re P-S (Children) 2018 EWCA Civ 1407
This course will also be of interested to more experienced practitioners who wish to keep up to date with legislative developments e.g. interim guidance on SGOs issued by the Family Justice Council in May 2019.
Do you want to continue your session?