Invaluable guidance regarding what to consider when seeking to instruct an expert in children law cases
Essential for children law practitioners, this bite size recorded webinar will discuss what a lawyer needs to establish when seeking to instruct an expert in children proceedings.
Experienced lecturer and children law practitioner Safda Mahmood will consider the Part 25 FPR 2010 and will provide viewers with guidance on the necessity to satisfy the requirements in both the Children Ac 1989 and in the Children and Families Act 2014. Consideration will also be given to Practice Directions 25A – 25F
This is a practical session during which Safda will discuss developing case law in this field such as matters involving hair strand testing and letters of instruction. The following case law will be explored:
• Re S (A Child) 2014 EWCC B44 (Fam)
• Re TG (A Child) 2013 EWCA Civ 5
• Re H–L (A Child) 2013
• A County Council v B 2019 EWFC B25
• Re Y (A Child) (s.38(6) Assessment) 2018 EWCA Civ 992
• In the London Borough of Barnet v. T (Mother), G (Father), H (Child) and Alere Toxicology E4 Law Ltd (t/a LEXTOX) and DNA LEGAL (Interveners) 2017 EWFC 64.
Do you want to continue your session?