There is often confusion amongst practitioners as to whether
a care or a supervision order should be pursued and why. This session,
delivered by popular lecturer Safda Mahmood, will assist viewers with this process.
This bite size webinar will cover the key differences
between these two orders, and depending on the circumstances, when it may be
appropriate to seek one or the other.
In addition, the following case law will also be
Barnett LBC v AL and Others 2017 EWHC 125
Re S (J) (A Minor) (Care or Supervision Order)
(1993) 2 FLR 919
WBC v. A 2016 EWFC B70
Re M (Children) 2016 EWCA Civ 937
What are the requirements?
- Watch the recorded webinar and review the reference notes and optional evaluation form to test your legal knowledge.
- This course provides 0.5 – 1 CPD points (depending on length of time spent reviewing the supporting documentation).
- On completion of this course you will:
- Have considered the effects of care and supervision orders
- Appreciate the similarities and differences between care and supervision orders
- Understand the threshold criteria and how this is applied
What is the target audience?
- Children law practitioners